SUPPORT A RESILIENT, THRIVING FUTURE FOR HAWAI‘I!
You can play a pivotal role in ensuring our island home is healthy, secure, and sustainable. Your tax-deductible contribution helps The Kohala Center conduct research and administer ‘āina-based programs to improve self-reliance and contribute to a state of pono for Hawai‘i Nei.
- Our Kohala Watershed Partnership program restores native forests and removes invasive species from watersheds.
- Our ReefTeach and Kahalu‘u Bay Education Center programs protect honu (green sea turtles), coral reefs, and vulnerable marine ecosystems.
- Our Hawai‘i Island School Garden Network and FoodCorps Hawai‘i programs introduce schoolchildren to gardening, agriculture, and local foods.
- Our Beginning Farmer-Rancher Development Program trains new farmers and ranchers to produce more local food.
- Our Hawai‘i Meaningful Environmental Education for Teachers and Ke Kumu ‘Āina programs offer professional development resources to teachers to conduct place-based education and field research with their students.
- Our Hawai‘i Public Seed Initiative organizes seed exchanges and supports local seed growers.
- Our Rural and Cooperative Business Development Services program provides consulting services and microloan programs to rural and cooperative businesses.
If you need assistance making a donation, would like to make a bequest, or are interested in matching gifts, please contact Mia Akau-LaClair at email@example.com or 808-887-6411.
*NOTE: Please enter whole numbers without decimals.
Or, if you prefer, please make checks payable to The Kohala Center and mail to:
The Kohala Center
P.O. Box 437462
Kamuela, HI 96743
Mahalo for your support.